Welcome to my attempt at recreating the life and adventures of Molly Fyde, a young lady from the 25th century. An electronic reader full of information, all of it orbiting Molly Fyde, was given to me by a strange lady half a year ago. There are millions of pages of material to sort through, many of them written by Molly herself. As I attempt to organize them into a readable narrative, I have set up this blog as a repository for my findings. Some entries will be pulled right from The Reader and remain in Molly's words. Some will come from her crew. Much will be from me, as I detail my struggle to tell her story.

Wednesday

Sharpening my writing skills

Now that I have a publisher, the pressure is on to not just detail Molly's amazing life, but to do it well. Make it entertain. For that reason, I've begun writing short science fiction stories in order to sharpen my skills as a writer. I do not want Molly's biography to come across as dry; the events in her life deserve far better than that.

If you missed my first stab, THE AUTOMATED ONES, I urge you to check it out. Then give my latest effort, WHILE YOU ARE GREATER THAN MYSELF, REDUCE MYSELF a once-over. These stories lack polish, to be sure. They're written late at night and receive the briefest of edits. I do not possess the emotional fortitude I would need to stay away from my Molly studies. And with her first book just a few months from publication, I need to remain focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment